The best gift you can give your loved one for Valentine’s Day is a homemade one that shows your thoughtfulness. It also doesn’t hurt to get your squeeze hiked up on sugar if you’ve been thinking of asking her to take the relationship to the next level. This delicious recipe should do the trick. You will need:
- Three medium bowls
- One large bowl
- One ceramic or glass baking dish
- One double-boiler
- A spatula
- A measuring cup and measuring spoons
- An egg whisker
- Two boxes of ladyfinger cookies
- Eight large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup of sugar (two cups if you’re thinking of proposing today)
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- Eight ounces of Mascarpone cheese
- One pine of heavy cream
- Six fresh raspberries
- Four tablespoons of Cocoa powder
- Two cups espresso coffee
- Two tablespoons of sugar
- One cup Marsala wine
- One tablespoon Kahlua
- One tablespoon Godiva Mocha chocolate
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together 8 egg yolks and ½ cup of caster sugar
3. Prepare a cold water bath in the sink in preparation for step 4
4. Place the egg mixture on double boiler and steam for 9-10 minutes, and stir frequently. Make sure the eggs do not cook. (I do not have a double boiler, so I placed a plate on top of pan of boiling water)
5. Place plate into the cold water bath to stop the cooking and continue to stir occasionally
6. In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream using electric mixer to peak stiffness
7. In a large bowl, scoop out and soften the mascarpone cheese by using a spatula and folding it in a few times, then combine the egg yolk mixture until everything is well incorporated.
8. Then, combine the whipped cream to the egg mixture.
9. Dip the lady fingers into the coffee mixture and place into dish. Repeat this until you have created the first layer.
10. Add a generous layer of the cream mixture.
11. Sift coca powder on top.
12. Arrange raspberry (you can omit this or add other fruits like blueberries and/or strawberries)
13. Repeat steps 9-11 to make your second layer.
14. Place in refrigerator covered for 3-4 hours, so all the ingredients settle in together.
15. Last but not least, make your favorite cup of hot coco, coffee, or tea and ENJOY!