Sharpies aren’t just for writing or highlighting anymore. In the past few years, Sharpie pens and permanent markers have become a staple in the crafting world. With their expansive line of products in a large variety of colors and weights, artists and crafters alike can create beautiful drawings and sketches, as well as customize their favorite crafts to bring them to the next level.
Are you interested in making your current art project pop, personalizing your daily essentials, or just wanting to learn about some DIY Sharpie projects? Don’t worry, we have you covered. Keep reading to learn how to create 3 amazing DIY Sharpie projects that anyone can do!
Sharpie Tie Dye Shirts
- Mason jar (or wide-brimmed mug)
- Color Sharpies
- Rubber band
- Cotton t-shirt
- Rubbing alcohol
- Begin by fastening a section of your t-shirt around the top of a mason jar with your rubber band.
- Choose one of your colors from your Sharpie set. Draw a small pea-sized circle somewhere on your fastened t-shirt.
- Using whichever color you want next, start coloring small circles around the first circle. Tip: make sure the circles are far enough apart to avoid potential bleeding.
- Once you’ve added as many colors as desired, dip your Q-tip in rubbing alcohol and swirl the colors together. This will create an incredible swirl of colors in a circular design.
- Repeat this process wherever else you want the design on the t-shirt and voila! You have an adorable, completely personalized tie-dye t-shirt!
Sharpie Customized Coffee Mugs
- Begin by preparing your coffee mugs. Remove any stickers on the mugs and wash them thoroughly. Scrub the mugs with the glass cleaner and cloth.
- If using a stencil, apply the adhesive onto the coffee mug where you want the design to be. Color in the design using either black or color Sharpies. If you’re not using a stencil, use your Sharpie to either freehand a design or write your name on the mug.
- Once you’ve completed designing your personalized mug, place the mug in the oven. First, insert the mug prior to heating the oven right on the rack. Then, heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the mug for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, your design will be permanent, and you’ll have your very own completely customized Sharpie coffee mug!
Sharpie Painted Leather Wallet
- Begin by ripping or cutting your painter’s tape into thin strips.
- Using the thin strips of tape, place them on your wallet in your desired shape. If you want a chevron pattern, place additional tape up and down on top of the straight line of tape. This should look like small triangles across the wallet when complete.
- Fill in the blank space between the lines with your Sharpie pen. Allow the tape to dry and remove.
- Add additional designs in the shape of circles, squares, or whatever you want!
- And that does it! You now have a painted leather wallet with your own DIY design.
And there you have it! You now have three amazing projects completed, each in under an hour. Interested in giving them a try? Check out ReStockIt.com to find our complete collection of Sharpie marker and paint pens. Get crafting!