Have you already started pulling your hair out over holiday shopping AND shipping? We can totally commiserate with you here at ReStockIt. Not only do we have to make sure our customers get their orders in time, but we all have to make sure our families get their packages too! Here are some helpful tips to get you and your business on the right track for holiday shipping!
- Let your delivery driver know your game plan: No matter which carrier you use, let them know if your hours are changing or how much volume you expect to ship out. A forewarned driver is a prepared driver.
- Make sure packages are ready at pick-up time: Drivers want to go home too, so if you’re ill-prepared for them, you’ll put a kink in their day. It’s the holidays! There should be no kinks!
- Package protection: UPS, FedEx, USPS…they are all kicked in high gear during this time of year. They are pushing packages through sorting facilities and hubs like they are going out of style-so if one of your packages gets dropped…then kicked…then finally picked up, you have peace of mind knowing you packed it like it was Fort Knox in a box.
- Organization and you: Let’s face it. You probably use multiple carriers. Eh, it happens. Make sure you have your packages organized by carrier, placed where they need to be, and are ready to go.
- Don’t Stress! This is a no-brainer. Holidays are busy times, and we all tend to start pulling our hair out by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, but if you plan now, you can avoid the stress of making sure your customer, and you, are stress-free for the holidays.
For your sanity, we have included some links for shipping calendars from the Big Three Carriers.
So, if you aren’t a procrastinator like I am, you already have a good amount of holiday gifts already purchased, and maybe even wrapped. That’s great (even though I’m slightly jealous) and you should be very proud of yourself! It takes forethought and planning to be ahead of the holiday shopping insanity, and my hats off to you! Now you have to ship stuff to relatives and friends that live out of state (or out of the country) and we can help you simplify that process!
If you’re like me (and you’re probably not. You’ve already got your shopping done and mine isn’t even started), when you go to the mailing store or the post office, you need boxes and labels to ship your packages in, and usually end up paying a mint to do just that! Again, with a little bit of planning, you can have all your shipping needs right at your house!
We have a full line of boxes, packing material, tapes, and even shrink wrap. We even have postal scales so you can know before you get to the shipping depot of your choice what your package weighs and how much it will cost! Who likes going to the post office, thinking that your package will cost one amount to ship it, only to find it’s much more than that?
At this time of year, it’s always best to be as prepared as possible, and having the right supplies on hand can prevent a lot of headaches. Stock up on shipping supplies and you’ll never have to pay inflated prices at the post office or shipping store again!