Have you already started pulling your hair out over holiday shopping AND shipping? We can totally commiserate with you here at ReStockIt. Not only do we have to make sure our customers get their orders in time, but we all have to make sure our families get their packages too! Here are some helpful tips to get you and your business on the right track for holiday shipping!
- Let your delivery driver know your game plan: No matter which carrier you use, let them know if your hours are changing or how much volume you expect to ship out. A forewarned driver is a prepared driver.
- Make sure packages are ready at pick-up time: Drivers want to go home too, so if you’re ill-prepared for them, you’ll put a kink in their day. It’s the holidays! There should be no kinks!
- Package protection: UPS, FedEx, USPS…they are all kicked in high gear during this time of year. They are pushing packages through sorting facilities and hubs like they are going out of style-so if one of your packages gets dropped…then kicked…then finally picked up, you have peace of mind knowing you packed it like it was Fort Knox in a box.
- Organization and you: Let’s face it. You probably use multiple carriers. Eh, it happens. Make sure you have your packages organized by carrier, placed where they need to be, and are ready to go.
- Don’t Stress! This is a no-brainer. Holidays are busy times, and we all tend to start pulling our hair out by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, but if you plan now, you can avoid the stress of making sure your customer, and you, are stress-free for the holidays.
For your sanity, we have included some links for shipping calendars from the Big Three Carriers.
It’s no secret that I love to organize. My desk at work, my desk at home, my drawers, my car…I’m just organized. Well, it’s more like I have an addiction to organizers and files…it’s sad, really. I’m always looking for better, smarter ways to organize. Then someone pointed out to me Smead’s website. And they created a monster.
Smead products are awesome, first off. I use a lot of them on a daily basis, and they never let me down. I never realized their website would be just like their products – useful and amazing! They have so many options on the site to help you get organized! I never knew, and am very excited about it.
They have an Organomics calculator which can calculate what you or your company loses due to disorganization, including lost wages, lost sales opportunities, and document replacement, along with other instances where you can lose money because you’re not organized. I used it and it floored me!
Also, they have a forum where you can share ideas and get updates with other organization fiends, and My Organomics which creates a personalized solution based on projects, meetings, and to-do items. This was really cool. They also have one for Team Organomics for your work to make your workplace more efficient.
One of my favorite parts of the site though was the One Minute Answers section, which gives tips and ideas based on what you’re organizing, whether its home or office. The BEST part though is their Solutions page, which gives you wonderful ideas on whether its work related, home office, or you can even narrow it down by problems, like lack of space, color coding, or project management. You really should check out the site, because even for someone like me who thought she was organized, it showed that I’m not as organized as I could be.