Hurricane Season is once again upon us. While some will mark this time as uneventful, many of us will be gearing up for the worst. Regardless of whether you are laughing in the face of danger or going into full on panic mode right now, there are a few basic things that you need to know. Read more
Have you already started pulling your hair out over holiday shopping AND shipping? We can totally commiserate with you here at ReStockIt. Not only do we have to make sure our customers get their orders in time, but we all have to make sure our families get their packages too! Here are some helpful tips to get you and your business on the right track for holiday shipping!
- Let your delivery driver know your game plan: No matter which carrier you use, let them know if your hours are changing or how much volume you expect to ship out. A forewarned driver is a prepared driver.
- Make sure packages are ready at pick-up time: Drivers want to go home too, so if you’re ill-prepared for them, you’ll put a kink in their day. It’s the holidays! There should be no kinks!
- Package protection: UPS, FedEx, USPS…they are all kicked in high gear during this time of year. They are pushing packages through sorting facilities and hubs like they are going out of style-so if one of your packages gets dropped…then kicked…then finally picked up, you have peace of mind knowing you packed it like it was Fort Knox in a box.
- Organization and you: Let’s face it. You probably use multiple carriers. Eh, it happens. Make sure you have your packages organized by carrier, placed where they need to be, and are ready to go.
- Don’t Stress! This is a no-brainer. Holidays are busy times, and we all tend to start pulling our hair out by the time Thanksgiving rolls around, but if you plan now, you can avoid the stress of making sure your customer, and you, are stress-free for the holidays.
For your sanity, we have included some links for shipping calendars from the Big Three Carriers.
FedEx recently conducted a study where they began putting sanitizer stations in their office as a test to see if less employees came down sick. The results were an absenteeism decrease. The study concluded that Purell hand sanitizer decreased the spread of germs in the office as well as reduced the amount of sick days employees took by approximately 20%!
Recent studies have shown that lost productivity due to illness costs US employers more than $260 billion annually. That 20% reduction in sick days could mean a savings of $52 billion every year if offices all used Purell!
Of course the benefits of clean hands and fewer germs extend far beyond the office.
You could say that Purell and I have quite a history. When I first started working if I wasn’t just on the verge of a full-blown cold, I was recovering from one. It was an endless and vicious cycle, and one that my boss and co-workers weren’t too pleased about.
That’s when hand sanitizer came into the picture. When my boss insisted that I begin using Purell Hand Sanitizer you could say it was love at first sight for my weak immune system. What a brilliant invention: the closest thing to washing my hands…in a tiny portable bottle.
And if you think you’re doing a decent job of keeping you and your workspace clean, think again.
FACT: Your phone is dirtier than your toilet!
Common surfaces that we come into contact with each and every day at the office are actually considered to have more germs than toilet bowls!! (Need to clean those toilets? Try these).
I can’t afford time away from work and you probably can’t either. Have no fear though; Purell is proven to kill 99.9% of the germs that it comes into contact with which cause sickness and infections. Use Purell and live a happier, germ fee life!
Today is Global Handwashing Day, and people everywhere are washing their hands more than usual. I’m an inveterate hand-washer, but with all this extra washing today, my hands are taking a beating. If yours are anything like mine, they get dry, cracked, and red looking, and no amount of lotion seems to work for them.
That’s why I like Softsoap. First off, it’s made by Colgate-Palmolive, the minds behind…Palmolive! I remember my mother using Palmolive when I was a kid, because it really did help her hands while washing dishes (this was before dishwashers were prevalent in houses) and they didn’t dry out like they would using other liquid dish washing soap.
I keep Softsoap in my kitchen, in my bathroom, and at the sink in the laundry room, and each one is a different scent. I alternate between the foam and liquid, depending on my mood, and I try to keep a manlier scent in my bathroom for the hubby, since he says he doesn’t like his hands to smell like lavender. I can’t think why not…
They also have different formulas that you can choose from, whether you want anti-bacterial, Kitchen Fresh, or their Pampered Hands line. Plus, the bottles are really attractive and you wouldn’t be ashamed to have them sitting on your counter! Plus, you should start stocking up for the holidays, because there will be even more hand washing then!